Designation: Operations Support Manager
- Responsible for managing Operation Support Department (Planner, Operation’s Methods and Reporting)
- Responsible for process definition and optimization with respect to safety rules, operational performance and cost effectiveness
- Ensures competency and skill development of team of his department
- Is a member of Certificate Commission
- Participates with the Operations Director, to the definition of the optimization policies of the division in terms of financial and operational aspects
- Coordinates and monitors, closely with managers of other departments, the effective implementation of the optimization policy of the division
- Monitors and advises the operation’s methods manager in the incident analysis and feedback management
- Validates the analysis and reports issued by the departments
- Is the special correspondent of the maintenance division for:
- The management of the train’s fleet potential (kilometres, forecasts, deadheads…)
- The analysis and feedbacks after failure
- The shared processes between the operations and maintenance divisions (periodic testing, de-stabling of trains…)
- The programming and of trial runs in and off commercial hours
- The processes of work permits delivery on the network
- Monitors and advises the Planner in the forecasted management of the division’s staff
- Prepare the corresponding budgets and advises the Operation Director
- Manage the contracts with subcontractors
- Define, closely with the QHSE’s division and the operation director, the Key Production Indicators (KPI); ensure their Monitoring, validations and transmissions.
Experience and Skillset:
- Should possess an experience of 8-10 years in the relevant field
- Previous experience of managing and developing team effectively
- Manage his team with calm and objective.
- Able to identify priorities, make decisions, and manage resources
- Has a track record in the management of resources and people.
- Able to anticipate, analyze, identify, and resolve problems cost effectively
- Capability of technical diagnosis – analysis, diagnosis and application.
- Strong capacity to interpret data both written and numerical
- Has the ability to plan and organize to impact on operational efficiency.
- Strong sense of safety and security
- Strong cooperative relationships with both internal and external actors
- Is a high competent communicator both written and verbal
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Should be a qualified Engineer (BE/B.Tech)
- Management Grads preferable
Designation: OCC Chief Controller
- Manages smooth real-time Metro operations across the network (including depots),
- Manages all OCC/DCC staff activities,
- Is responsible for delivery of quality service (KPIs),
- Is responsible for observance of rules and procedures in the OCC or the field to the practical extent,
- Is responsible, in case of serious breakdowns or incidents, to liaise with the on call duty senior manager, external authorities and public services especially fire brigade, medical and police,
- Is responsible to order & manage detrainment and rescue operations,
- Is responsible to coordinate the maintenance activities to be carried out on the system,
- Coordinates with the Security manager to ensure security of OCC and other Installations,
- Produces regular operation report for the management,
- Produces specific incident reports and analysis, preserves clues / CCTV footage etc.,
- Is responsible for identification of training needs for his staff and plan OJT
- Ensure that staff working under him is up to date and conversant with the necessary rules and guidelines.
- Is responsible for induction of extra train during extra ordinary rush
- Check the work plan as per safety point of view & alter accordingly
- Any other work assigned by OCC Manager
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Able to remain calm and objective particularly during challenging incident related situations.
- Has competent and proven analytical ability.
- Able to operate a complex system with safety related functions
- Is able to diagnose technical malfunctions, interpret and apply solutions from written and verbal Information.
- Is able to manage a team of controllers under him and identify training needs proactively.
- Is able to liaise with different departments in order achieve his objective to maintain quality service.
- Able to anticipate and react to situations.
- Proactive in identifying and resolving technical issues
- Capable of giving precise, clear and concise instructions remotely.
- Rigor in executing and applying instructions and procedures
- Able to relay oral and written information to both direct reports and superiors
- Has strong oral and written communication skills
- Has good technical understanding and experience
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Technical Diploma holder (Any engineering) at minimum or any degree with 5-8 years of relevant experience into metro / railways
- Minimum 6-8 years of professional experience in the industrial environment (for Diploma holders).